Police warning after ‘dangerous’ ketamine batch consumed in Liverpool

Detectives are issuing a warning after three men were taken to hospital following reports they had taken ketamine in Liverpool.

At 5am on Saturday, it was reported that a dangerous bag of drugs had been consumed at a premises on Fleet Street, and thee men were taken to hospital suffering seizures.

One of the men has left hospital.

Enquiries are ongoing in the area and response officers remained in the city centre over the Easter weekend.

Harmful effects

Detective inspector Ruth Tickle said: “We have had recent reports of a dangerous batch of ketamine being sold in bars in our city and we are determined to help young people understand the harmful effects and risks of the associated drug.

“I would urge young people to learn more about the impact and signs of ketamine and report any use of the drug to our officers so we can keep you and your friends safe in our city.

“If you saw what happened at the bars on Fleet Street in Liverpool early this morning or know anyone who was involved please contact police as soon as possible.

“If you are concerned about your own use of ketamine or other drugs or alcohol, or you are concerned about somebody else, there are support services available.

“For under 19s, contact the Young People’s Drug & Alcohol Team (YPDAAT) on 01744 675605. For adults aged 19 and over, contact Change, Grow, Live (CGL) on 01744 410752 or visit www.changegrowlive.org”

If you believe ketamine is being dealt whilst you are out in Liverpool, you can contact  Merseyside Police via the social media desk on X @MerPolCC or Facebook ‘Merseyside Police Contact Centre’.

Helen
Helen
I'm the editor here at Business Cheshire and I'd keen to hear what's happening where you live. With more than 18 years' experience in journalism and digital PR, I'm particularly keen to hear from businesses with exciting news.
spot_imgspot_img

Latest

One-third of UK contractors may lack adequate cover amid rising project risks

According to commercial insurance broker Insure24 , many contractors...

New vetted register aims to strengthen accountability in funeral sector

A national register for funeral celebrants and officiants has...

UK asbestos threat remains underestimated despite 5,000 annual deaths, says Shield

Research from Shield Services Group suggests the scale of...

YEEP! parcel lockers arrive on Northern services through LockerQuest partnership

A new partnership between LockerQuest and Northern is bringing...
spot_imgspot_img

Newsletter

Don't miss

UK asbestos threat remains underestimated despite 5,000 annual deaths, says Shield

Research from Shield Services Group suggests the scale of...

OrbicTrade Launches Smart Trading Dashboard Designed for Commodity Traders

OrbicTrade today introduced its new AI-driven Trader Dashboard, developed...

One-third of UK contractors may lack adequate cover amid rising project risks

According to commercial insurance broker Insure24 , many contractors...

UK Businesses Face Rising Customer Communication Challenges Amid System Fragmentation

New insight has prompted warnings for UK businesses to...

More News

New vetted register aims to strengthen accountability in funeral sector

A national register for funeral celebrants and officiants has been launched to help raise standards across the industry, following growing scrutiny over safeguarding practices...

BNKer redefines self-storage with in-building solution for modern apartment living

BNKer, a Manchester-founded start-up, is expanding across the North West with a fully managed self-storage solution designed to operate within residential buildings, helping landlords...

Fortem IT Named Headline Partner as CyNam Prepares to Host Its Most Significant Resilience Event of the Year

CyNam has revealed that Fortem IT will serve as headline partner for In the Eye of the Storm, the organisation's flagship cyber security event,...